:: Thursday, January 21, 2010 ::
/mode +v noise, the ever expanding ASCII based music platform
I saw the /mode +v noise installation by GOTO10 at the Arnolfini earlier today and loved it. Use the IRC link (remember that?) to listen in real time and influence the generative score.
It was made using Puredyne
Puredyne is aimed at creative people, looking for tools outside the standard. It provides the best experimental creative applications alongside a solid set of graphic, audio and video tools in a fast, minimal package. For everything from sound art to innovative filmmaking.
Puredyne is optimised for use in realtime audio and video processing. It distinguishes itself by offering a low latency kernel and the high responsiveness needed by artists working in this field.
Puredyne is based on Ubuntu and Debian Live. All packages provided by Puredyne can be used if you are running this flavour of GNU/Linux. Use, share, copy, modify, join the development team or fork :)
…and much more.
- puredata, supercollider, csound, chuck, ladspa plugins, ardour, audacity, ecasound, …
- gimp, inkscape, fluxus, freej, processing + extras, imagemagick, gthumb, gphoto2, …
- mplayer, vlc, avidemux, kino, mencoder, transcode, luvcview, xawtv, recordmydesktop, …
- icecast2, ices2, ffmpeg2theora, oggfwd, darkice, darksnow, gstreamer, dvswitch, …
- firefox, links2, network-manager, wireless-tools, ssh, telnet, gftp, irssi, nfs, …
- gcc, make, patchutils, subversion, mercurial, bzr, emacs-goodies-el, java jdk, python, …
Labels: Art, Electronic Music, FOSS, Music
:: Dan 21.1.10 [Arc]
[links to this post]
Links to this post: